What Are Lash Extensions?
Lash Extensions are a glamorous new way to extend the length and thickness of natural eyelashes, and are a practical, convenient and beautiful alternative to the daily use of mascara. Unlike decades-old, traditional false lashes, lash extensions are the first innovation in lash lengthening that can be worn daily, without nightly removal. Because each tapered, synthetic lash is bonded to a single natural lash, the final result is of effortless glam-our and difficult to detect even close up.
How Long Do They Really Last?
When properly applied, using Platinum Bond Adhesive, lash extensions can be worn throughout the year with minimal monthly maintenance. Touch-ups are recommended after the initial full set application to refill any lashes that have cycled out. To maintain the full, thick appearance of a new set of lashes a visit to your beauty/lash professional is recommended every 2-3 weeks based on your own natural lash growth cycle.
Can Lash Extensions Harm Natural Lashes?
When applied properly, lash extensions will not harm natural lashes. The Lash application technique allows natural lashes to grow and thrive with extensions. This technique requires several different “separation” steps during the application process so each extension is adhered to a single natural lash in order to prevent interruption of the lash growth cycle.
Can Mascara Be Used With Lash Extensions?
Mascara is typically not needed with lash extensions. Mascara should only be used when a touch-up is drawing near. Water-soluble mascara which is available for purchase at the Boutique for $20 can be worn; however constant use of mascara may shorten the lifespan of lashes. Waterproof mascara is not recommended for use, as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes.
$550 Training/Lash Certification
$130 Full set of Lashes/Master Stylist
$85 Full set of Mink Lashes/Apprentice
$60 3-week fill
$45 2-week fill
$30 Bottom lashes
$30 Lash removal
$25 NoShow/Last minute cancellation
$25 Lash Sealant
$20 Makeup remover and cleanser
CASH ONLY or PayPal (fee applies)
After Care Instructions
Before Your Appointment
- To maximize your time with your lashes, remove all makeup in your eye area, including foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, eye creams, and eye serums.
- Clean your lashes gently but thoroughly to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- Shower and wash your hair.
- Do not curl your lashes the day of your appointment.
- Do not apply heavy creams, lotions, or oils to your face in the 48 hours before your appointment.
- Do not tint or perm your lashes in the 48 hours before your appointment.
- Consult your doctor before your appointment if you are pregnant, are taking medication, suffer from any medical conditions or allergies, or are recovering from any medical procedure.
In the 24 Hours After Your Appointment:
- Avoid exposing your lashes to water, heat, saunas, steam, and friction.
- Do not apply any eye cosmetics or skin care products to your lashes or eye area.
- When you shower, limit your time and water temperature.
- Do not get your lashes wet if you shower. You must avoid steam and water in the first 24 hours to ensure a strong bond and prevent eye irritation.
- Sleep on your back to avoid friction and tangling.
- Do not tint or perm your lashes.
- Avoid receiving irritating treatments, including brow waxing, in your eye area.
- Using a lint-free cloth or facial tissue and an oil-free cleanser (make-up remover/eyelash cleanser that is safe for the extensions can be purchased at the boutique for $20), you can gently cleanse your face, avoiding the lash line area. The cloth should be slightly damp but not wet, to avoid any chance of dripping from the forehead into the eye area. Dry your face by patting gently with a lint-free cloth, while carefully avoiding any contact with your lashes.